If you have questions about any of the tutorials that can be found within the tutorials section of this forum, please read the following carefully.
To ensure clarity:
If you wish to ask a question about a tutorial, please do so in the general section of the forum, why:
Due to previous problems in older MODX forums experience has shown that problems can arise due to outdated code posted within Q&As from users of the forum, if and when snippets are updated.
This can and does cause confusion for those who are seaking help, as sometimes code from answers found in the tutorial page is copied into and or replaces code from the tutorial.
The end result can and sometimes does end in the call not working, this then sparks more questions and doesn't help anyone.
When snippets are updated with new code, the tutorials in this forum will be updated with that code. Answers below tutorials with old code cause problems as they would need to be updated as well, causing unnecessary maintenance time.
The aim in this new forum is to keep things as simple and clean, with as little maintenance as possible.
When asking for help about any tutorial, simply use the tutorial name as the reference - that way other users know what is meant, or simply link to the tutorial from your post.
All help and interest is kindly accepted when it comes to creating great tutorials, that are easy to use and follow, without getting confused or totaly lost on the way.
That said, as we are a community based forum, tutorials can be submitted by everyone who wishes to do so.
But, we need to keep some guidelines in place, if you would like to add a tutorial to the site:
- post your complete call without any comments (comments can cause confusion)
- if other snippets, TVs, chunks etc. are also required for the tutorial to work, please explain what is needed, where to create / install them and or find it/them
- please break all of the code down into easy to understand pieces underneath the main call, explaining what each part does
- images say more than a 1000 words, sometimes at least 🙂 if you can use images, please do so
- if you have other references or information that could further help out, please add them at the bottom of the page
**Snippet Call Code Breakdown / Explanation**
Thank you for taking the time to read this page 🙂