There are several ways to upgrade your website. The steps I take for updating from 1.4.15 to 2.0 is:
You need to have the latest version of EVO which is at this moment 1.4.15.
- First backup your website. Copy all files from FTP. Also you need to backup the database. In the manager go to Tools > Backup and select all tables by clicking on: Table name.
- Because the config file is moved in version 2.0 you need to add this file in your folders.
Without that file the installer can only do a fresh install, it doesn't know there is an already installed website.
So you need to add the folders and config file: /core/config/database/connections/default.php
Make sure the default.php file has
The default.php looks like this:
'driver' => env('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'), //$database_type
'host' => env('DB_HOST', 'localhost'), //$database_server
'port' => env('DB_PORT', '3306'),
'database' => env('DB_DATABASE', 'dbnameeee'), //$dbase
'username' => env('DB_USERNAME', 'dbuserrrr'), //$database_user
'password' => env('DB_PASSWORD', 'passssss'), //$database_password
'unix_socket' => env('DB_SOCKET', ''),
'charset' => env('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'), // $database_connection_charset
'collation' => env('DB_COLLATION', 'utf8mb4_general_ci'), //$database_collation
'prefix' => env('DB_PREFIX', 'evo_'), //$table_prefix
'method' => env('DB_METHOD', 'SET NAMES'), //$database_connection_method
'strict' => env('DB_STRICT', false),
'engine' => env('DB_ENGINE'),
'options' => [
PDO::ATTR_STRINGIFY_FETCHES => true,
You can copy the dbname+pass+prefix from the current config file /manager/includes/config.inc.php
- Change the database collation of all tables to utf8_general_ci.
- Download the installer file from Github: https://github.com/evolution-cms/installer
- Place the install.php file in the root of your website.
- Navigate to the file (my-site.com/install.php)
- Run the installer..
- When done I always clear /assets/cache/ (siteCache.idx.php+siteManager.php)
- If you like to do some updates on the Extra's makew sure open_basedir is set off on the server! Else some don't show the "installed" message and won't install complete.
You might need to update some Extras, just fully check your site.
If you would like to upgrade to version EVO 3 then check this out:
If you run into problems or have questions let us know.