There are several ways to upgrade your website. The steps I take for updating from 1.4.12 to 2.0 is:
You need to have the latest version of EVO which is at this moment 1.4.12.
- First backup your website. Copy all files from FTP. Also you need to backup the database. In the manager go to Tools > Backup and select all tables by clicking on: Table name.
- Because the config file is moved in version 2.0 you need to add this file in your folders.
Without that file the installer can only do a fresh install, it doesn't know there is an already installed website.
So you need to add the folders and config file: /core/config/database/connections/default.php
Make sure the default.php file has
The default.php looks like this:
'driver' => env('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'), //$database_type
'host' => env('DB_HOST', 'localhost'), //$database_server
'port' => env('DB_PORT', '3306'),
'database' => env('DB_DATABASE', 'dbnameeee'), //$dbase
'username' => env('DB_USERNAME', 'dbuserrrr'), //$database_user
'password' => env('DB_PASSWORD', 'passssss'), //$database_password
'unix_socket' => env('DB_SOCKET', ''),
'charset' => env('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'), // $database_connection_charset
'collation' => env('DB_COLLATION', 'utf8mb4_general_ci'), //$database_collation
'prefix' => env('DB_PREFIX', 'evo_'), //$table_prefix
'method' => env('DB_METHOD', 'SET NAMES'), //$database_connection_method
'strict' => env('DB_STRICT', false),
'engine' => env('DB_ENGINE'),
'options' => [
PDO::ATTR_STRINGIFY_FETCHES => true,
You can copy the dbname+pass+prefix from the current config file /manager/includes/config.inc.php
- Download the installer file from Github: https://github.com/evolution-cms/installer
- Place the install.php file in the root of your website.
- Navigate to the file (my-site.com/install.php)
- Run the installer..
- When done I always clear /assets/cache/ (siteCache.idx.php+siteManager.php)
You might need to update some Extras, just fully check your site.
If you would like to upgrade to version EVO 3 then check this out:
If you run into problems or have questions let us know.